Kansas City Area


Help in Independence MO

There are many organizations that offer help in Independence MO. Below is a list of places where you can get help if you live in Independence MO.

Where to get help in Independence MO?

If you find yourself or your family needed help and you are in Independence MO, the first place you might try is calling 211. Most people living in Independence MO will call the United Way or 211 when they need help for anything. You can call 211 from any phone, even a pay phone, for free.

Help in independence mo

The person on the line will ask you questions about what kind of help you need and then they will refer you to places around you that will help with whatever you are looking for. They are very nice and helpful.

Where else to call for help in Independence MO?

Other places you can call for help in Independence MO are:

United Services

(816) 833-4333

They help with bills. Call about taking applications for utilities.

Community Services League 300 W Maple Ave, Independence MO

(816) 254-4100

They help with bills, rent, bus passes, food, clothes and have a Christmas store.

St. Mary's

(816) 252-0121

They help with bills, food and clothes The Center is open to the public who need assistance on Wednesday and Thursday of each week, from 9am - 12noon, and from 12:30 - 3:30pm.

Salvation Army

(816) 252-3200

Food and bills, also bread and sometimes clothes. Also baby food, formula, diapers and toiletries.

Lunch Partners, Center Branch Remnant Church, 709 W. Maple, Independence, MO

(816) 254-6040

Free, hot lunches available for the hungry, Monday – Friday 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM. No questions asked they also have a great huge clothes pantry.